P0530 Code - Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
|P0530 code possible causes
- A/C system low or over charged with refrigerant
- Faulty A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor
- Cooling fans in-operative
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the P0530 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0530 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0530 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0530 code detected?The P0530 code is detected when the signal circuit is less than 5 counts (0.09 volt) or more than 250 counts (4.90 volts) and the condition exists for 20 seconds.
|What are P0530 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- A/C Inoperative
- A/C Blows Warm
|P0530 code descriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the high side refrigerant pressure via a A/C refrigerant pressure sensor. When the pressure is high the signal voltage is high. When the pressure is low the signal voltage is low. When pressure is high the PCM commands the cooling fans on. When pressure is too high or too low the PCM will not allow the A/C compressor clutch to engage.
|Need more information with the P0530 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0530 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0530 code information for specific makes
- P0530 BUICK Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 CADILLAC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 CHEVROLET Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 GMC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 MAZDA A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0530 MERCEDES-BENZ Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 OLDSMOBILE Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 PONTIAC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 SATURN Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
|Need help with a P0530 code?Get the P0530 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0530 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0530 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks