P0530 - Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
P0530 Possible Causes
- A/C system low or over charged with refrigerant
- Faulty A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor
- Cooling fans in-operative
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0530?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0530 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0530 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The P0530 code is detected when the signal circuit is less than 5 counts (0.09 volt) or more than 250 counts (4.90 volts) and the condition exists for 20 seconds.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- A/C Inoperative
- A/C Blows Warm
P0530 DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the high side refrigerant pressure via a A/C refrigerant pressure sensor. When the pressure is high the signal voltage is high. When the pressure is low the signal voltage is low. When pressure is high the PCM commands the cooling fans on. When pressure is too high or too low the PCM will not allow the A/C compressor clutch to engage.
P0530 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0530 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0530 BUICK Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 CADILLAC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 CHEVROLET Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 GMC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 MAZDA A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0530 MERCEDES-BENZ Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 PONTIAC Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
- P0530 SATURN Air Conditioning Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit
Need more help?Get the P0530 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0530 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks