P0401 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
- EGR passage clogged
- Faulty EGR Vacuum Modulator Valve
- Faulty EGR Valve
- Faulty EGR solenoid valve
- EGR solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Dead (Weak) battery
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
- Exhaust gas leaks
EGR flow malfunction could be caused by a clogged EGR valve or EGR tube. Before replacing any parts try cleaning the EGR valve, tube and passages. Another common part is the EGR Vacuum Modulator Valve. The EGR vacuum modulator valve controls the amount and frequency of vacuum sent to the EGR valve and often gets clogged with carbon from the engine.
When is the code detected?
- Low EGR flow control is detected
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine hesitation
P0401 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY Description
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0401 2001 Toyota Camry code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
P0401 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0401 2001 Toyota Camry code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks