P0320 Code - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit
|P0320 code possible causes
- Faulty Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Sensor
- Faulty Crankshaft Position sensor
- Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Low battery charge
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
|How do I fix the P0320 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0320 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0320 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0320 code detected?The P0320 code is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that there is no current at the ignition coil group
|What are P0320 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stall
|P0320 code descriptionThe Ignition Failure Sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not, and it is also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance on the battery circuit for the ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.
|Need more information with the P0320 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0320 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0320 code information for specific makes
- P0320 CHRYSLER No Crank Reference Signal At PCM
- P0320 DODGE No Crank Reference Signal At PCM
- P0320 FORD Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction ▶
- P0320 HYUNDAI Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit ▶
- P0320 JEEP No Crank Reference Signal At PCM ▶
- P0320 KIA Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit ▶
- P0320 LINCOLN Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction
- P0320 MAZDA Crankshaft Position Sensor Malfunction
- P0320 MERCEDES-BENZ Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit
- P0320 MERCURY Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction
|Need help with a P0320 code?Get the P0320 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0320 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0320 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks