P0234 Code - Turbocharger/Supercharger 'A' Overboost Condition
|P0234 code possible causes
- Boost pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty boost pressure sensor
- Faulty Turbo/Super Charger
- Engine over temperature
- Ignition misfire exceeds the calibrated threshold
- Faulty Knock sensor (KS)
|How do I fix the P0234 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0234 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0234 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0234 code detected?This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0234 will set if the boost pressure sensor signal is above the predicted range.
|What are P0234 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|P0234 code descriptionThe boost pressure sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. This pressure is created by the turbocharger and changes with accelerator pedal position (APP) and engine speed. The engine control module (ECM) uses this information to assist in diagnosis of the barometric pressure (BARO) sensor and to provide engine overboost protection. The boost pressure sensor has a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the boost pressure sensor on the 5-volt reference 2 circuit, and provides a ground on a low reference circuit. The boost pressure sensor provides a signal to the ECM on a signal circuit relative to the pressure changes. The ECM monitors the boost pressure sensor signal for voltage outside of the normal range. The ECM calculates a predicted value for the boost pressure sensor. The ECM then compares the predicted value to the actual signal.
|Need more information with the P0234 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0234 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0234 code information for specific makes
- P0234 BUICK Engine Overboost
- P0234 CADILLAC Engine Overboost
- P0234 CHEVROLET Engine Overboost
- P0234 CHRYSLER Turbo Boost Limit Exceeded
- P0234 DODGE Turbo Boost Limit Exceeded
- P0234 FORD Turbocharger/Supercharger 'A' Overboost Condition
- P0234 GMC Engine Overboost
- P0234 ISUZU Turbocharger Engine Overboost
- P0234 JEEP Turbo Boost Limit Exceeded
- P0234 MAZDA Turbo/Supercharger Overboost Condition
- P0234 MERCEDES-BENZ Turbocharger Overboost Condition
- P0234 MITSUBISHI Turbocharger Wastegate System Malfunction
- P0234 RAM Turbo Boost Limit Exceeded
- P0234 VOLKSWAGEN Turbo/Super Charger Overboost Condition
|Need help with a P0234 code?Get the P0234 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0234 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0234 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks