P0141 HONDA - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank
P0141 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit fuse
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0141 HONDA?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the P0141 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0141 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?Current amperage in the rear heated oxygen sensor heater circuit is out of the normal range.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible higher than usual fuel Consumption
P0141 HONDA DescriptionOxygen Sensors (O2S) or Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 750 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the heated oxygen sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the heated oxygen sensor. The ECM controls the heated oxygen sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0141 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific Honda models
- P0141 2008 HONDA ACCORD 📷
- P0141 2009 HONDA ACCORD 📷
- P0141 2010 HONDA ACCORD 📷
- P0141 1996 HONDA CIVIC 📷
- P0141 1997 HONDA CIVIC 📷
- P0141 1998 HONDA CIVIC 📷
- P0141 1999 HONDA CIVIC 📷
- P0141 2000 HONDA CIVIC 📷
- P0141 1998 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 1999 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 2000 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 2001 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 2002 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
- P0141 2004 HONDA ODYSSEY 📷
Need more help?Get the P0141 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0141 Honda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks