City: 25 MPG
Highway: 30 MPG
Annual Fuel Cost*
You spend $0 less in fuel cost over 5 years compare to the average new vehicle.
Type Fuel or Technology: Gasoline Vehicle ⛽
Fuel Type: Regular
Engine: 4 Cylinders, 1.5L Engine
Transmission: Automatic 9-spd
Drive: Front-Wheel Drive
Vehicle Class: Small Sport Utility Vehicle 2WD
*Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15,000 annual miles and current fuel prices.
Current Average US Fuel Prices
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG): $2.33 per Gallon of Gasoline Equivalent (GGE)
Diesel: $3.78 per gallon
Flex Fuel (E85): $2.73 $ per gallon
Electricity: $0.13 per kw-hr of electricity
Liquefied petroleum Gas (LPG): $3.17 per gallon of propane
Premium Gasoline: $3.77 per gallon
Midgrade Gasoline: $4.04 per gallon
Regular Gasoline: $3.32 per gallon
7 Tips to Improve Gas Mileage on Your 2021 GMC Terrain FWD
1. Tires: You can improve your gas mileage by 0.6% on average—up to 3% in some cases—by keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure. Check your owner's manual or the tire wall for the correct PSI for your tires.
2. Motor Oil: You can improve your gas mileage by 1%–2% by using the manufacturer's recommended grade of motor oil.
3. Speed: Drive Around 45-55 mph when is possible. According to studies by the U.S. Department of Energy, the optimal fuel-efficient speed is 55 mpg but may vary depending on vehicles. After reaching 45-55 mph, your car begins to lose fuel efficiency. And the faster you go, the worse it gets.
4. Weight: Every additional 100 pounds in a vehicle equates to a 1% to 2% increase in fuel consumption. And the smaller a vehicle is, the more it is impacted by any excess weight. Including Roof racks, Cargo boxes, Bike racks
5. Windows: Keeping windows close while driving will reduce your vehicle's drag.
6. A/C System: Using the A/C system will make the engine work harder, reducing fuel efficiency.
7. Maintenance: Filthy air filters, spark plugs, and connections can all affect your fuel economy. Check your owner's manual for recommended maintenance schedule.