C161C - Active Center Differential Proportioning Valve System Malfunction
C161C Possible Causes
- Faulty Active Center Differential (ACD) Proportioning Valve
- Active Center Differential (ACD) Proportioning Valve harness is open or shorted
- Active Center Differential (ACD) Proportioning Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty All Wheel Control (AWC) ECU
How do I fix code C161C?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the C161C code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C161C code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C161C DescriptionThe All Wheel Control (AWC) ECU controls the Active Center Differential (ACD) Proportioning Valve. The code is set when the current monitor value of the ACD proportioning valve solenoid is determined to be abnormal.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C161C code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- C161C MITSUBISHI Active Center Differential Proportioning Valve System Malfunction
Need more help?Get the C161c code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C161c code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks