C1261 HYUNDAI - Steering Angle Sensor Not Calibrated
- Steering Angle Sensor(SAS) not calibrated
- Faulty Steering Angle Sensor(SAS)
- Steering Angle Sensor(SAS) harness is open or shorted
- Steering Angle Sensor(SAS) circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?The SAS used for ESC control needs 0 set because the SAS measures an absolute angle. 0 set is done by using the scantool device. If abnormal 0 set is detected or no information in SAS is detected, a failure is recognized.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1261 Hyundai DescriptionThe Steering Angle Sensor(SAS) is installed below the clock spring and it sends messages to HECU through CAN communication line. The SAS is used to determine turning direction and speed of the steering wheel. The HECU uses the signals from the SAS when performing ESC-related calculations.
Need more help?Get the C1261 Hyundai code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1261 HYUNDAI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1261 Hyundai code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks