C0306 CADILLAC - Transfer Case Motor
- Faulty Transfer Case Motor
- Transfer Case Motor harness is open or shorted
- Transfer Case Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0306 Cadillac DescriptionThe transfer case motor is a bi-directional, permanent magnet, D.C. motor. When energized, through motor control A or motor control B, the ground is provided by the opposing motor control circuit and then grounded through the transfer case shift control module ground circuit, the motor, through a series of gears, rotates a shaft which moves the mode and range forks to shift the transfer case between the following ranges:
- The AUTO or the Adapt mode
This DTC detects an open, short to voltage, or short to ground in the motor control A or motor control B circuits, or an open, or short to ground inside the motor.
Need more help?Get the C0306 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0306 CADILLAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0306 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks