- Faulty Electric Parking Brake Control Module
- Electric Parking Brake Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Electric Parking Brake Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notes- C0293 01: Park Brake Switch Control Short to Battery
- C0293 06: Park Brake Switch Control Low Voltage/Open
- C0293 08: Park Brake Switch Control Performance-Signal Invalid
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0293 DescriptionThe electric handbrake control module has an internal motor, apply actuator, release actuator, and temperature sensor. The electric handbrake control module also contains the logic for applying and releasing the handbrake when commanded by the electric handbrake switch. The electric parking brake module will perform diagnostics on the electric parking brake switch and its wiring harness to verify it is functioning properly. When the electric handbrake control module receives a signal from the switch the internal circuit board temperature is checked to verify it is within operating range before the control module performs the requested operation.
The electric park brake switch control diagnostic checks for failure conditions in the electric park brake switch and associated wiring into the electric park brake module.
C0293 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0293 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0293 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0293 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks