C012A - Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor
C012A Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Pressure Modulator
- Brake Pressure Modulator harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pressure Modulator circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code C012A?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
- DTC C012A 01 Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Low Voltage/Open
- DTC C012A 06 Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Short to Ground or Open
- DTC C012A 11 Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor High Input
- DTC C012A 0F Brake Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Signal Erratic
Cost of diagnosing the C012A code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C012A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C012A DescriptionThe Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) uses input from the master cylinder pressure sensor for more accurate control during a vehicle stability enhancement system event. The master cylinder pressure sensor is internal to the brake pressure modulator.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C012A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C012a code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C012a code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks