B252A - Decklid Release Control Circuit Low
B252A Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Top Motor
- Power Top Motor harness is open or shorted
- Power Top Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Power Top Control Module (PTCM)
How do I fix code B252A?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B252A code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B252A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B252A DescriptionThe Convertible Top is fairly typical of convertible tops. There are three types of failures possible: Electrical failure (switches, wiring, motor, etc.), Hydraulic failure (fluid level low, leaks, pump internal, etc.), and Mechanical failure (binding roof, bent links, obstructions, etc.). Each type of failure mode will be rationalized by the power Top Control Module (PTCM) and labeled with a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). The DTCs set by the PTCM can also be considered to have three types of failure modes:
1. Performance - These are time out DTCs, meaning the system timed out waiting for the next switch in sequence to change state. When the PTCM does not get the state change in the expected amount of time, it assumes something may be wrong and stops any further top operation in that direction. Typically the pump will run for 10 second before it times out.
2. Circuit Low - These DTCs set for a circuit that stays active at all times, meaning the signal circuit to the specified switch is continuously grounded. This could relate to a short to ground on the signal circuit, a sticking switch, or even a mechanical issue not allowing the switch to become inactive.
3. Correlation - These DTCs specifically relate two switches in a subcomponent (deck lid, tonneau drive, header latch, etc.) of the convertible top system. Both of the specified switches will be active in one position of the subcomponent (extended, retracted, open, closed, etc.). The switch that will not change state while attempting to operate the convertible top system, is the most likely area for attention.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B252A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B252a code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B252a code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks