B1600 - PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal Is Not Received
B1600 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) key
- Faulty PATS transceiver
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose B1600 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1600 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1600 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1600 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1600 DescriptionThe Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) transceiver communicates with the PATS key. During each vehicle start sequence, the PATS transceiver reads the pats key identification code and sends the data to the instrument cluster. The control functions are contained in the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster carries out all of the PATS functions such as receiving the identification code from the PATS key and sending a message to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), which controls the engine enable. The instrument cluster initiates the key interrogation sequence when the key is turned to the ON or Start position.
B1600 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1600 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1600 Information for specific makes
- B1600 BUICK Mirror Motor Vertical Circuit
- B1600 CADILLAC Mirror Motor Vertical Circuit
- B1600 CHEVROLET Mirror Motor Vertical Circuit
- B1600 CHRYSLER Left Solar Sensor
- B1600 DODGE Left Solar Sensor
- B1600 FORD PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal Is Not Received
- B1600 GMC Mirror Motor Vertical Circuit
- B1600 JEEP Left Solar Sensor
- B1600 LINCOLN PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal Is Not Received
- B1600 MERCURY PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal Is Not Received
- B1600 RAM Left Solar Sensor
Need more help?Get the B1600 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1600 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1600 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks