B1208 Possible Causes
- Faulty VTA Security Indicator
- VTA Security Indicator harness is open or shorted
- VTA Security Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Instrument Cluster (IC)
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B1208 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B1208 Tech NotesB1208-11-ANTI-THEFT INDICATOR - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B1208-15-ANTI-THEFT INDICATOR - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN
Cost of diagnosing the B1208 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1208 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1208 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1208 DescriptionWhen the enable conditions are correct, the Body Control Module (BCM) provides a voltage output to the Security Indicator lamp located in the Instrument Cluster. The BCM sets the OBDII code when it detects a voltage below 0.30 of a volt for the period of less than one second on the VTA Security Indicator circuit.
B1208 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1208 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1208 Information for specific makes
- B1208 CHRYSLER Anti-Theft Indicator Circuit Short
- B1208 DODGE Anti-Theft Indicator Circuit Short
- B1208 FORD Driver Seat Cushion Temperature Sensor
- B1208 JEEP Anti-Theft Indicator Circuit Short
- B1208 LINCOLN Driver Seat Cushion Temperature Sensor
- B1208 MERCURY Driver Seat Cushion Temperature Sensor
- B1208 RAM Anti-Theft Indicator Circuit Short
Need more help?Get the B1208 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1208 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1208 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks