B1001 Possible Causes
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit harness is open or shorted
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1001
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1001 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1001 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1001 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1001 DescriptionThe Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects the whole SRS electrical system and displays the malfunction either by illuminating or blinking the air bag warning lamp in the combination meter. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects a shock that exceeds specified level and watches such systems as the driver and passenger air bag, side air bag, curtain air bag, pre-tensioner seat belts and Occupant Classification System (OCS) operate properly.
The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit contains the “G” sensors for both frontal and side collisions and spare battery function in case of main battery damaged in a collision.
B1001 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1001 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1001 Information for specific makes
- B1001 ACURA Multiplex Integrated Control Unit Internal Error
- B1001 BUICK SDM Option Configuration Error
- B1001 CADILLAC SDM Option Configuration Error
- B1001 CHEVROLET SDM Option Configuration Error
- B1001 GMC SDM Option Configuration Error
- B1001 HONDA Multiplex Integrated Control Unit Internal Error
- B1001 INFINITI Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- B1001 NISSAN Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- B1001 PONTIAC SDM Option Configuration Error
- B1001 SATURN SDM Option Configuration Error
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1001 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1001 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1001 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks