B0936 - Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
B0936 Possible Causes
- Low Coolant Level
- Faulty Low Coolant Switch
- Coolant Low Switch harness is open or shorted
- Coolant Low Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B0936Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B0936 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0936 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0936 DescriptionThe P0936 Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the ignition switch is in RUN position and coolant level is low. No voltage on the wire between Body Control Module (BCM) and low Coolant Switch for more than 30 seconds.
B0936 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0936 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B0936 BUICK Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 CADILLAC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 CHEVROLET Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 GMC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 PONTIAC Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- B0936 SATURN Coolant Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the B0936 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0936 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks