- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) harness is open or shorted
- Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0540 DescriptionThe Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) monitors the vehicle speed signal to determine the speedometer position. If the IPC determines the vehicle speed signal voltage is out of the normal operating range, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.
B0540 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the B0540 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0540 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0540 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks