P0385 - Crankshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit
- Faulty crankshaft position sensor
- Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Signal plate may be damage
- Starter motor may be faulty
- Starting system circuit
- Dead or weak battery
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- Engine Stall
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.
P0385 Information for specific makes
P0385 HONDA Crankshaft Position Sensor 'B' No Signal
P0385 MERCEDES-BENZ Crankshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit
Need more help?
P0385 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0385 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks