P1757 DODGE - Governor Pressure Above 3 psi at 0 MPH
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Transmission oil burnt or oil pan has excessive debris - internal transmission damage
- Faulty Governor Pressure Sensor
- Faulty Governor Pressure Solenoid
- Faulty Valve Body
- Engine Control Module (ECM) 5 volt supply
- 5 volt supply circuit open
- 5 volt supply circuit open inside the transmission
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
The P1757 code will set if the monitored Governor Pressure is greater than 41.4 kPa (6 psi) for 5 seconds while the gear selector is in the Drive position with the road speed equal to zero - six times during a drive cycle. The transmission oil temperature must be between 23 - 88° C (73 - 190° F).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shifting problem
P1757 Dodge Description
The Governor Pressure Control System is used to regulate the governor pressure which controls the shifts for first, second, and third gear. The Governor Pressure Control System test verifies that the requested pressure and the actual pressure are within a predetermined tolerance.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P1757 Dodge code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P1757 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks