P1670 FORD - Electronic Feedback Signal Not Detected
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Open fuse
- Faulty Injector Driver Module (IDM) relay
- Open or shorted Injector Driver Module (IDM) enable circuit
- Open/short in EF circuit
- Open/short in Fuel Delivery Command Signal (FDCS) circuit
- Injector Driver Module (IDM) powering circuits
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
The problem means that there is no communication between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) and the Injector Driver Module (IDM), most of the times the problem is a faulty IDM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1670 Ford Description
The Injector Driver Module (IDM) provides the EF output signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to confirm that proper timing/duration of Fuel Delivery Command Signal (FDCS) was received. Additionally, the EF signal is used to send diagnostics of the IDM and injectors (electrical) to the PCM.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P1670 Ford code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P1670 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks