P1610 NISSAN - Lock Mode
- Faulty IMMU
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
If problem persist after disconnecting the car battery, try the following:
ESCAPE FROM LOCK MODE
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON with registered key. (Do not start engine.) Wait 5 seconds.
3. Return the key to OFF position.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 twice (total of three cycles).
5. Start the engine.
- Engine would not start
An immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key is present. This prevents the car from being hot wired after entry has been achieved.
The microcircuit inside the key is activated by a small electromagnetic field which induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn broadcasts a unique binary code which is read by the automobile's Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM determines that the coded key is both current and valid, the ECM activates the fuel-injection sequence.
The immobilizer function of the Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System (NVIS) or Nissan Anti-Theft System (NATS) consists of the following:
- NATS ignition key
- NATS antenna amp. located in the ignition key cylinder
- Body control module (BCM) or (IMMU)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Security indicator lamp
Any information is appreciated. Thanks