P0761 FORD - Shift Solenoid 3 Performance
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty 3 Shift Solenoid Valve
- 3 Shift Solenoid Valve harness or connectors
- 3 Shift Solenoid Valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
The P0761 code is detected when the ECM has detected a mechanical fault with the solenoid energized, valve stuck off
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0761 Ford Description
Shift solenoid valve 3 is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0761 Ford code? ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help you
with yout repair
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0761 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks