P0753 KIA - Shift Solenoid 'A' Electrical Fault
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'A' valve
- Shift solenoid 'A' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'A' valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
The P0753 code is detected when the gear required by the ECM does not match the actual gear when vehicle is driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0753 Kia Description
Shift solenoid valve A is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0753 Kia code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0753 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks