P0706 VOLKSWAGEN - Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range Performance
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty Park/neutral position switch
- Misadjusted park/neutral position switch
- Park/neutral position switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/neutral position switch circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0706 Volkswagen Description
The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission range switch. The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0706 Volkswagen code? ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help you
with yout repair
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0706 Volkswagen code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks