P0451 KIA - EVAP Emission System- Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure Sensor
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
An improper voltage signal from EVAP control system pressure sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0451 Kia Description
The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) control system pressure sensor detects pressure in the purge line. The sensor output voltage to the Engine Control Module (ECM) increases as pressure increases. The EVAP control system pressure sensor is not used to control the engine system. It is used only for on board diagnosis.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0451 Kia code? ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help you
with yout repair
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0451 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks