P0446 DODGE - EVAP Purge Solenoid Stuck Open
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Missing Fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Vent control valve harness is open or shorted
- Vent control valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty vent control valve
When is the code detected?
The P0446 codes triggered when an improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through EVAP canister vent control valve.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0446 Dodge Description
The Evaporative System (EVAP) canister vent control valve is located on the EVAP canister and is used to seal the canister vent.
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0446 Dodge code? ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help you
with yout repair
Help us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0446 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks