P0335 DODGE - Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Signal plate may be damage
- Starter motor may be faulty
- Starting system circuit
- Dead or weak battery
- Possible lack/loss of Power
- Engine may stall while driving
The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) also known as the crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the crankshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Electronic Control Module(ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.
I have replaced the battery and the engine ran fine for 2 days and now i have codes P0330 and P0335 ...
i own a 2007 4.7 liter dodge 1500 ram. the check engine light just came on after the truck was park...
1. I have a po335 code and I have replaced the crankshaft senicor and camshaft to new battery and st...
Oil light came on. Changed oil pressure sensor. Still reading "0" for oil pressure. Checked oil pres...
Every so often when the truck reaches 2500rpm the engine misfires (revs and bogs) but then other tim...
Any information is appreciated. Thanks